ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has announced that the automated system for sales tax registration will be effective from July 1st, 2019.
In a statement issued on Monday, the revenue authority explained the procedures regarding the use of said the automated system.
According to the statement, the applicant having NTN/income tax registration shall, using his login credentials, upload the following information/documents:
- Bank account certificate issued by the bank in the name of the business.
- Registration/consumer number with the gas and electricity supplier.
- Particulars of all branches in case of multiple branches at various locations.
- GPS-tagged photographs of the business premises.
- In the case of a manufacturer, also the GPS-tagged photographs of machinery and industrial electricity or gas meter installed.
On furnishing the above documents, the system shall register the applicant for sales tax. After registration, the applicant or his authorised person shall visit e-Sahulat Centre of NADRA within a month for biometric verification.
In case of failure to visit or failure of verification, the registered person’s name shall be taken off the sales tax active taxpayer list. In the case of a manufacturer, the board may require post verification through field offices or a third party authorized by the board.
In case, the field office, during scrutiny after the registration, finds that any document provided is non-genuine/fake/wrong, it may request through the system, to provide the missing document, in 15 days, failing which the registered person shall be taken off from the active taxpayer list.